Terms & Conditions
Arteeni is a virtual marketplace that allows the buying and selling of handmade goods and is not directly involved with any transaction or associated agreements made between parties who engage in the buying and/or selling of goods on the Site. As such, Arteeni cannot guarantee the quality, legality, authenticity, or safety of any products listed or the accuracy of the listings. Arteeni accepts no responsibility, nor shall be held liable for transactions that occur as a result of usage of the Site.
- Site Access
- To access and utilize the resources on the Site, you must be a registered user and/or comply with the following:
- Arteeni's services are only available to users who are 18 years of age or older and can legally create a binding contract between buyer and seller. Users who are not 18 years of age can participate if they are supervised at all times by a parent or legal guardian over the age of 18. In this case, the parent or legal guardian assumes responsibility of all activities carried out by the user. The user or parent/legal guardian agrees that Arteeni shall not be held responsible for any damages incurred by not following this policy.
- Further, you as either a registered or non-registered user, agree to comply with the Terms and decisions of Arteeni staff, and shall not act in a manner that hinders or prohibits Arteeni from conducting business or damages the integrity of the marketplace.
- Arteeni does not warrant that the Site or the function, content or services made available thereby will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected. Arteeni makes no warranty that the Site will meet your expectations or requirements. No advice, results or information, or materials whether oral or written, obtained by you through the Site shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. If you are dissatisfied with the Site, your sole remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws of commerce (local, national, and international) and shall be held solely liable for infringement of these laws. Arteeni will cooperate fully with any request from an appropriate law enforcement agency for information regarding the violation of any law by a user.
- You are responsible for any and all conduct and activity that pertains to posting on Arteeni. This includes profile information, product reviews, vendor reviews, blog comments, or anything else that is posted to and displayed on Arteeni.
- To access and utilize the resources on the Site, you must be a registered user and/or comply with the following:
- Marketplace Transactions
- Arteeni does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any products or services offered or provided by or on behalf of third parties on or through the Site. Additionally, Arteeni is not a party to any transaction between you and a third party.
- Through use of the Site, buyers and sellers create legally binding contracts for the sale of goods and both parties are expected to fulfill the arrangement for the sale of said goods.
- Users who engage in buying and/or selling should be aware and assume the risks of using the Site or the internet to commence transactions. Users should be aware of other users operating under false pretense, misrepresentation, and with the intent to commit fraud.
- While Arteeni takes precautionary measures to ensure the identity and validity of Artisan vendors who sign up electronically to use the Site, Arteeni cannot and does not confirm the identity of Artisan vendors who use the Site. Arteeni suggests that you employ common sense and encourage you to contact Arteeni to report any and all suspicious behavior or misappropriation of the Site's services.
- For any disputes that arise between you and an Artisan vendor related to an order, please contact us as soon as possible. While Arteeni has no obligation to mitigate or resolve disputes between users, Arteeni will listen to both parties and attempt to make a recommendation for a fair and reasonable resolution. Additionally, Arteeni will be considered free of any and all claims, damages or demands created by the dispute or its attempt to resolve said dispute.
- Return policy
- A complete copy of Arteeni's return policy is available by clicking here.
- Charity donations
- A donation will be made for each completed order to a charitable organization which Arteeni has previously vetted and approved. The amount of each donation is calculated as a percentage of the order, less any discounts, shipping charges, or sales taxes. You agree that donations are not made by you, but rather by Arteeni from the commission earned on the transaction. As such, Arteeni reserves the sole right to any applicable tax deductions arising from these donations.
- Payment processing
- Intellectual Property
- All domains, graphics, images, copy, text, video, and audio, including buttons, headers, links, footers and site themes created by Arteeni, Arteeni staff, or contractors of Arteeni are considered the trade dress of Arteeni.com. Any and all of the aforementioned data is copyrighted and may not be used without the express written permission of Arteeni or its officers.
- Any and all content uploaded by you to the Site, including, but not limited to, text, images, reviews, and comments remains your property. However, by accessing the Site and uploading content, you agree to grant Arteeni the worldwide non-exclusive right to publish and republish said content for the purposes of promoting or providing benefit to Arteeni or our Artisan vendors. This license extends to the reasonable lifetime of any promotional tool.
- Copyright © 2015-2016 Arteeni, LLC. All rights reserved. All Site contents and their arrangement are copyrighted in the U.S. and worldwide by international treaty by Arteeni, LLC and its Artisan vendors.
- Arteeni is the owner and/or authorized user of any trademark, registered trademark and/or service mark appearing on the Site, and is the copyright owner or licensee of the Content and/or information on the Site, unless otherwise indicated.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, use of the Site does not grant you a license to any Content, features or materials you may access on the Site and you may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works of such Content, features or materials, in whole or in part. Any commercial use of the Site is strictly prohibited, except as allowed herein or otherwise approved by us. If you make use of the Site, other than as provided herein, in doing so you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use.
- Arteeni does not grant any license or other authorization to any user of our trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, other copyrightable material or any other intellectual property by including them on the Site.
- The information on the Site including, without limitation, all site design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements is protected by law including copyright law. Product names, logos, designs, titles, graphics, words or phrases may be protected under law as the trademarks, service marks or trade names of Arteeni.
- Term & Termination
- The term of this agreement is perpetual unless superseded by a new agreement.
- Arteeni reserves the right, for any reason, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to, information, products, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), features and/or hours of availability, and Arteeni will not be liable to you or to any third party for doing so.
- Arteeni may impose rules for and limits on use of the Site or restrict your access to part, or all, of the Site without notice or penalty. Arteeni has the right to change these rules and/or limitations at any time, in our sole discretion.
- This agreement is the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter of this agreement, and supersedes and incorporates all prior or contemporaneous representations, understandings, or agreements, and may not be modified or amended.
- If any portion of this agreement shall be held invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction the remaining portions of the agreement shall remain in effect. Where modification to reflect intent or provide clarification to the service terms is allowed for any invalidated portion, such remedy shall be made first before any clause is held null and void.
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between Arteeni and you as a result of this agreement or your use of the Site.
- Arteeni's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Any claim or cause of action you may have with respect to Arteeni must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose.
- The Terms inure to the benefit of Arteeni's successors, assigns and licensees.
- Copyright Infringement
- If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes
copyright infringement, please notify us and provide all of the
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Upon receipt of a valid claim (i.e. a claim in which all required information is provided) Arteeni will have the disputed material removed from public view. Arteeni will also notify the user who posted the allegedly infringing material that Arteeni has removed or disabled access to that material. Arteeni has no other role to play either in prosecuting or defending claims of infringement, and cannot be held accountable in any case for damages, regardless of whether a claim of infringement is found to be true or false.
- Please note: if you materially misrepresent that certain content
infringes your copyright interests, you may be liable for damages
(including court costs and attorney's fees) and could be subject to
- If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us and provide all of the following information:
- You agree that the laws of the state of Georgia, excluding its conflicts-of-law rules, shall govern this agreement. The use of the Site may be subject to other local, state, national, and international laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for resolving any claim or dispute with Arteeni relating in any way to the use of the Site resides in the state and federal courts of Georgia, and you further agree and consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Georgia. In addition, you expressly waive any right to a jury trial in any legal proceeding against Arteeni, subsidiaries, divisions, or affiliates or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or successors under or related to the terms of this agreement.
- By executing any transaction or viewing or using any portion of the Site you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Arteeni, its directors, officers, employees, agents, Artisan vendors, partners, contractors, representatives, and affiliates harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, in any way arising from, related to or in connection with the use of the Site, violation of any law, violation of the terms of this agreement or the posting or transmission of any materials on or through the Site by you, including, but not limited to, any third party claim that any information or materials provided infringes any third party proprietary right. You agree to cooperate as fully and reasonably required in the defense of any claim. This indemnification obligation will survive the termination of this agreement and your use of the Site.
- Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall Arteeni, its officers, employees, Artisan vendors, partners, contractors, representatives, or affiliates be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising from or directly or indirectly related to the use of, or the inability to use, the Site or the content, a marketplace transaction, or materials and function related thereto.
- In no event shall the total liability of Arteeni to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract or tort, including, but not limited to, negligence or otherwise) arising from the terms or your use of the Site exceed, in the aggregate, $100.00.
Last edited on 2016-08-28